Positives of Power Napping
By Beauty Desk
With many of us struggling to keep our eyes open during the day it has brought on a culture on the ‘power nap’, but did you know there are actually 5 types of napping?
- The Nano-Nap -These are brief interval where you may doze off on your partners shoulder on the train or in the car and are usually 10 – 20 seconds in duration.
- The Micro-Nap -This is a nap lasting between 2 – 5 minutes and is surprisingly effective at giving the snoozer an instant boost.
- The Mini-Nap -This is a nap interval of between 5 – 20 minutes. These naps have been proven to increase alertness, stamina and personal performance.
- The Original Power Nap -A 20 minute nap which is said to improve muscle memory and clear the mind of residual information. It includes the benefits of both the micro and mini naps.
- The Lazy Man’s Nap -These are more extended intervals of between 50 – 90 minutes, the benefit of this nap is that it include slow wave plus REM sleep. This type of nap is great for perceptual processing and repairing bones and muscles.
Whilst naps are not by a means a long term solution for sleep deprivation they certainly do offer instant relief for a tired and weary body.
It is important to ascertain whether you sleep issues are as a result of any of these sleep disorders:
- Sleep Apnea
- Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome (UARS)
It is important to treat long term sleep deprivation by finding out what is causing the lack of sleep, and not just treating the symptom of sleeplessness. Most solutions include a physical, nutritional and nutraceutical solution in order to once again restore the body to optimal health.