Frequently Asked Questions
- 1What are alternative and natural remedies for sleep apnea?
- 2What are Holistic Cures for Sleep Apnea available?
1. Positional Therapy One of the most simplest and effective alternative way to treat obstructive sleep apnea is to sleep on your side.However, not all the patients can benefit from side sleeping.
2. Alternative to CPAP Not every patient can use CPAP without having side effects from the therapy.Fortunately, there are alternatives to CPAP that can even have the same results as a CPAP machine, if you make the right choice:You can choose from: BiPAP machines, dental devices, tongue devices, didgeridoos, special sleeping pillows, etc.
3. Weight Loss for Sleep Apnea Many overweight people don't realize they may have sleep apnea.Although losing weight can be a life changing event, improving your sleep and quality of life, this is difficult to do when you are increasingly tired from a sleep disorder.With some simple special rules for overweight apnea patients, you can lose weight even if you have OSA.
4. Tongue Exercises for Sleep Apnea Studies have shown that special tongue and jaw exercises can improve your sleep breathing disorder.The only issue with these exercises is the necessity to practice them every day. The positive results will appear in almost 3 months.
5. Yoga Exercises for Sleep Apnea if you have mild symptoms of OSA syndrome, yoga can improve your sleep quality by using two methods:Yoga breathing techniques.Yoga exercises for weight loss.Yoga is more effective is combination with tongue or oropharyngeal exercises.
6. Exercises for Increasing Airway Muscle Tone Discover special exercises that will increase the muscle tone of your neck and throat, to prevent the airway to collapse during sleep. You'll learn singing and jaw exercises, or strange musical instruments that can help you improve snoring or OSA.
7. Oropharyngeal Exercises Discover 21 mouth exercises that can treat severe snoring and mild to moderate OSA.These exercises can be very effective only for patients with important characteristics.
8. Natural Remedies The nature can also help you alleviate your sleep breathing problems. Some extracts from plants can directly help patients with OSA, like the Kampo extract.However, other plants are even dangerous if you combine them with sleep medication.
9. Didgeridoo for Sleep Apnea Clinical studies demonstrated that playing didgeridoo can prevent the collapse of the airway, thus eliminating snoring and apnea episodes during sleep. To use the didgeridoo properly, you need to learn the circular breathing technique, which is the only the difficult part in this therapy.
10. Snoring Devices Loud and irregular snoring can be a sign of obstructive sleep apnea. Therefore, the devices that are designed to treat snoring can also help you to breathe better during sleep.
Try sleeping on your side rather than sleeping on your back as it can produces loud snores because of blockages. Elevate the head when you sleep. This measure can alleviate snoring and make breathing easier. Use an air humidifier at nighttime to make the air moister.
Don't smoke for at least several hours prior to bedtime. Doing so, the smoke can cause the airways to tighten in the neck, worsening sleep apnea. Maintain regular sleep hours. Use a nasal dilator, saline nasal spray or breathe right strips to help open nasal passages.
This treatment has not yet been reviewed. To review this treatment click here